Welcome to the Law Offices of Allen Cazier - Attorney Profile
I focus on condemnation / eminent domain representing landowners. This includes any case where a federal, state or local government agency or a private corporation with condemnation power ( e.g., an oil and gas pipeline company ) is attempting to take all or a part of private property. I have served as a condemnation commissioner appointed by probate courts for over 20 years.
I am most often asked to serve as presiding commissioner. I am thoroughly familiar with all issues relating to appraisal of land and just compensation for the landowner. My fee will at all times be a contingent fee set at a percentage ( generally 30 percent ) of the increase in the just compensation award over the government's legally required good faith estimate. In other words, the fee is measured by what good I do for the landowner.
Please have a look at this excellent article by Judson Fambrough entitled, "Understanding the Condemnation Process in Texas
". You can also find many more resources at the Texas A&M Real Estate Center
Areas of Practice
CONDEMNATION / EMINENT DOMAIN REPRESENTING LANDOWNERS
• Includes any case where a federal, state or local government agency or a private corporation with condemnation power ( e.g., an oil and gas pipeline company ) is attempting to take all or a part of private property.
FEDERAL and STATE CRIMINAL LAW
• Including representation of persons charged with white collar crimes, internet crimes, drug crimes, homicides and assaults, driving while intoxicated, and representing persons seeking expunction and/or nondisclosure orders as to criminal records.
GENERAL CIVIL LITIGATION
• Including representation of persons in injury and death claims, insurance claims (including unfair insurance practices), representing landowners in condemnation proceedings, and fiduciary, trust and probate cases and oil and gas claims with focus on the Eagle Ford Shale areas.
Contact me by email at
for a first consultation.
- More than 100 jury trials as lead counsel
- Qualified attorney ad litem / guardian ad litem for children and incapacitated adults
- Condemnation Commissioner — Bexar County, Texas
- Qualified Mediator — Civil cases
- Regularly lectures at continuing legal education seminars on "legal ethics"
- Of counsel with the firm of Bayne, Snell and Krause recognized as one of the best law firms in America by Newsweek
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
"Discourage litigation – Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can – Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser, in fees, expenses, and waste of time – As a peace-maker, the lawyer has a superior opertunity [sic] of being a good man – There will still be business enough –"